Monday, February 12, 2007

My Perfect Playlist on the Radio

In case anyone's interested (I would call it "morbidly curious"), I will be interviewed briefly (really briefly!) on Madison's 92.1 FM "The Lake" tomorrow at noon CST. This will be followed by five songs chosen from my "perfect playlist" (I gave them ten, so I don't know what they picked). Since this is a classic rock station that specializes in music from the late 60's and early 70's, there will be a good sampling of psychedelic rock--I'd be surprised if they picked any of my more obscure choices. You can stream it online here.

UPDATE:
Well, that was fun. Apparently they ran around the station trying to find a copy of the Velvet Underground version of "Sweet Jane," and had to settle with a Lou Reed live version. They played:

1) Dear Prudence - The Beatles
2) Little Wing - Derek and the Dominos [Jimi Hendrix cover]
3) She's a Rainbow - The Rolling Stones
4) Hurdy Gurdy Man - Donovan
5) Sweet Jane (live) - Lou Reed

I will put an MP3 up later if I was able to successfully tape it.

No comments: